Proposition 300


Arizona law requires that students who seek in-state tuition status or aid that is funded by state money to provide verification of citizenship, permanent residency or other lawful immigration status. This law applies to all students attending Eastern Arizona College.

Eastern Arizona College continues to admit all qualified students. Proposition 300 does not affect whether a student can attend EAC, but rather whether a student will be charged out-of-state tuition and denied tuition waivers, grants, scholarship assistance, financial aid, tuition assistance or any other type of financial assistance that is subsidized or paid in whole or in part with state monies.

Students must provide evidence of lawful presence in the U.S. by providing one of the following types of documentation.

Out-of-State Tuition

Students do not have to provide Prop 300; however, they will pay out-of-state tuition rates.


Demonstrating In-state Eligibility

All students must provide documentation of citizenship or legal resident status to the Records and Registration Office in order to be eligible for in-state tuition. This documentation may be uploaded through Gila Hank, mailed, or presented in person.

Eastern Arizona College
Records and Registration
615 N. Stadium Ave
Thatcher, Arizona 85552

Acceptable Forms of Documentation

The Legislature and the federal government have designated several forms of documentation that the College will accept as evidence of citizenship, permanent residence or lawful presence.  The College will keep a copy on file and record that fact in the student record system. The College will accept legible copies of any of the following documents:


Primary Forms of Documentation --

Students should present ONE of the following (legible photocopy with no evidence of tampering is acceptable):

    • Arizona driver's license, permit, or non-operator ID issued after October 1, 1996
    • Driver's license, permit, or non-operator ID issued by another US state that verifies lawful presence. Must be dated after 2000 and prior to 2015.

States for which licenses are not acceptable are Maryland, New Mexico, North Carolina, Utah, and Washington.

    • US passport, current or expired
    • US certificate of naturalization (N-550 or N-570) OR US certificate of citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
    • BIA or tribal identification card OR tribal or BIA affidavit of birth
    • Tribal certificate of Indian blood (with photo ID)
    • Foreign passport with US visa
    • USCIS I-94 or I-94A form (arrival/departure record)
    • Resident alien card
    • US military DD-214 OR US military ID card (active duty, reserve or retired)
    • Affidavit of identification (with photo and within 15 days of issue) from AZ Department of Corrections
    • Released offender identification from Arizona Department of Corrections
    • US permanent resident or resident alien card (Form I-551) OR US alien registration receipt card (Form I-151)
    • US machine-readable immigrant visa in foreign passport (within one year after date of endorsement)
    • US travel document (mint green cover) endorsed: "permit to re-enter Form I-327” OR "refugee travel document Form I-571"
    • US Notice of Action extending immigrant status (Form I-797)
    • US temporary resident card (Form I-688)
    • US notice of approval to apply for permanent residents (Form I-171 or I-464)
    • Other documentation issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services or representing a status permitted under 8 US Code § § 1621 and 1641
For students under the age of 18:
    • Form FS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad), FS-545 (Certificate of Birth issued by a Foreign Service post), or DS-1350 (Certification of Report of Birth). These are State Department documents.
    • Official birth certificate with seal showing that you were born in the United States, which includes Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swain’s Island, or the Northern Mariana Islands, unless you were born to foreign diplomats residing in the US.