Proposition 300

Proposition 300, passed by Arizona voters in November 2006, stipulates that college students who are not legal United States citizens or are without lawful immigration status must pay out-of-state tuition, and that persons who are not United States citizens or who are without lawful immigration status are not eligible for financial assistance using state money. Eastern Arizona College continues to admit all qualified students. Proposition 300 does not affect whether a student can attend EAC, but rather whether a student pays in-state or out-of-state tuition or is eligible to receive financial aid subsidized or paid in whole or in part by the state.

Out-of-State Tuition The law requires that those who do not show proof of US citizenship or lawful immigration status are to pay out-of-state tuition. Students not verified as in-state under prop 300 pay out-of-state tuition rates. Demonstrating In-state Eligibility Citizenship or legal status may have been pre-verified for EAC students that are or have been employees of the college and for EAC students that have applied for federal financial aid. All other Arizona students must provide documentation of citizenship or legal resident status to the Records and Registration Office in order to be eligible for in-state tuition. This documentation may be uploaded through Gila Hank, mailed, or presented in person.

Mail: Eastern Arizona College Records and Registration 615 N. Stadium Ave Thatcher, Arizona 85552

Acceptable Forms of Documentation The Legislature and the federal government have designated several forms of documentation that the College will accept as evidence of citizenship, permanent residence or lawful presence. The College will keep a copy on file and record that fact in the student record system. The College will accept legible copies of any of the following documents: Primary Forms of Documentation — Students should present ONE of the following (legible photocopy with no evidence of tampering is acceptable): Present ONE of the following: • Arizona driver’s license, permit, or non-operator ID issued after October 1, 1996 • Driver’s license, permit, or non-operator ID issued by another US state that verifies lawful presence. Must be dated after 2000 and prior to 2015. States for which licenses are not acceptable are Maryland, New Mexico, North Carolina, Utah, and Washington. • US passport, current or expired • US certificate of naturalization (N-550 or N-570) OR US certificate of citizenship (N-560 or N-561) • BIA or tribal identification card OR tribal or BIA affidavit of birth • Tribal certificate of Indian blood (with photo ID) • Foreign passport with US visa • USCIS I-94 or I-94A form (arrival/departure record) • Resident alien card • US military DD-214 OR US military ID card (active duty, reserve or retired) • Affidavit of identification (with photo and within 15 days of issue) from AZ Department of Corrections • Released offender identification from Arizona Department of Corrections • US permanent resident or resident alien card (Form I-551) OR US alien registration receipt card (Form I-151) • US machine-readable immigrant visa in foreign passport (within one year after date of endorsement) • US travel document (mint green cover) endorsed: “permit to re-enter Form I-327” OR “refugee travel document Form I-571” • US Notice of Action extending immigrant status (Form I-797) • US temporary resident card (Form I-688) • US notice of approval to apply for permanent residents (Form I-171 or I-464) • Other documentation issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services or representing a status permitted under 8 US Code § § 1621 and 1641 For students under the age of 18: • Form FS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad), FS-545 (Certificate of Birth issued by a Foreign Service post), or DS-1350 (Certification of Report of Birth). These are State Department documents. • Official birth certificate with seal showing that you were born in the United States, which includes Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swain’s Island, or the Northern Mariana Islands, unless you were born to foreign diplomats residing in the US.