United Way of Graham and Greenlee Counties donates $135,000 for local EAC student scholarships
By David Udall
THATCHER, Ariz—The United Way of Graham and Greenlee Counties donated $135,000 for local EAC student scholarships during the 2021-2022 school year. Adam O’Doherty, CEO for the United Way of Graham and Greenlee Counties, publicly announced the funding to the Graham County Community College District Governing Board.
“We believe in improving our communities and the lives of those who live in them by focusing on education, health, and financial stability” said Deborah Gibss, president of the United Way of Graham and Greenlee County Board of Directors. “We believe these are the building blocks for a quality life.”
This year’s scholarships will benefit the following Graham and Greenlee county students:
• Five general scholarships for four semesters plus book expenses;
• Two vocational education scholarships for four semesters plus book expenses;
• Two education major scholarships for four semesters plus book expenses plus four semesters at ASU or NAU Thatcher program to complete bachelor’s degrees;
• One scholarship for four semesters plus book expenses plus four semesters at ASU or NAU Thatcher program to complete a bachelor’s degrees in preparation for employment with a nonprofit in Arizona;
• An additional four semester plus books scholarship plus four semesters at ASU or NAU Thatcher program to complete a bachelor’s degrees in preparation for employment will be awarded to a student who is also a single parent.
“The United Way of Graham and Greenlee Counties has already helped over 100 students attend Eastern Arizona College through their scholarship program,” said David Udall, executive director for the EAC Alumni Foundation. “They have opened access to the opportunities of education available at Eastern in an extraordinary way. We appreciate their commitment to improving the quality of life in this community through education. They really do make a difference.”
Click here for more information on EAC scholarships.
# # # Enroll Today in EAC Summer Classes: Classes begin on June 1. Call EAC’s Financial Aid Office at (928) 428-8287 for details. Register by calling EAC’s Records and Registration Office at (928) 428-8270, or online at eac.edu.
About Eastern Arizona College: Eastern Arizona College – the first community college in Arizona – has helped students claim their dreams since 1888. With campuses in Thatcher, Globe, and Payson, EAC’s qualified and caring instructors prepare students for the most in-demand careers and advanced study at universities. EAC offers more than 80 certificates and degrees, including the #1 nursing school in Arizona, a fine arts program featuring the only marching band in Arizona, and an engineering program that brings students up to speed for success at universities and top-tiered firms. Students thrive at EAC, making friendships that last a lifetime. EAC’s vibrant student experience includes on-campus housing, more than 30 clubs and organizations, active intramurals, and nationally-ranked athletic and e-sports teams. At EAC, most students leave with $0 debt. Let EAC provide an affordable way for you to claim your dreams. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (928) 428-8272 today.