Transfer Partnerships

Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and The University of Arizona

Eastern Arizona College offers three Associate Degrees that are appropriate for transfer to Arizona's public universities.*  These Associate Degrees are 64 credits and have four basic "blocks" upon which they are built. The blocks are: the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC), Common Courses, Special Requirements, and Electives. If you complete the degrees, you will be guaranteed to enter the university with Junior status.

The three degrees are:

ASSOCIATE OF ARTS (AA): This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university and earn a bachelor's degree in areas such as Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, Fine Arts, Public Programs, and Communication.

ASSOCIATE OF BUSINESS (ABus): This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university and earn a bachelor's degree in Business and Business-related areas such as Computer Information Systems or Economics.

ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE (AS): This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university and earn a bachelor's degree in areas such as the Physical and Biological Sciences or Mathematics.

Completion of the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) guarantees your admission to the universities if you are a resident student. Non-residents must have a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Completion of the AGEC also means that you will have met the lower-division general education requirements at any of the universities for the majors that articulate with that AGEC.

*All three of the state universities may accept the Eastern Arizona College Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree as applicable to certain Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS). You should contact a transfer advisor for the university you plan to attend, or carefully consult the catalog and/or curriculum transfer guide for that institution.


Brigham Young University - Provo

EAC has a transfer partnership with BYU. If you earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Business, Associate of General Studies, or Associate of Science degree from EAC, you increase the probability of your admission to BYU.

If you are admitted to BYU with an Associate of Arts, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Business, or Associate of Science Degree from EAC, you will have completed all BYU University Core (GE) requirements with the exception of American Heritage, Advanced Writing, and the Advanced Mathematics or Foreign Language requirements. EAC offers mathematics and foreign language courses that you may take to satisfy BYU's advanced Mathematics or Foreign Language requirement. You should consult the BYU/EAC Articulation Agreement in selecting these courses. A copy of the Agreement is available from the Counseling Department.

The EAC/BYU transfer partnership does not cover the transfer and applicability of major courses. You are encouraged to consult with the prospective major department at BYU for recommendations on EAC courses that can be taken toward your intended major.


Brigham Young University - Hawaii

Students attending Eastern Arizona College who complete their Associate of Arts, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science, or Associate of Business degree will have met the BYU-Hawaii general education (GE) requirements with the exception of the Interdisciplinary Studies course.

Additional aspects of the transfer agreement are as follows:

  • Credit will also be granted for courses with a "C" grade or better which apply to the major.
  • Credit for courses of a remedial nature (usually numbered 99 and below) will not be transferable.
  • Students who apply to BYU-Hawaii with less than an Associate Degree, will have their college work evaluated on a course-by-course basis to determine equivalencies.  Only courses with grades of "C" or better will be accepted.


Brigham Young University – Idaho

EAC has an articulation agreement with BYU- Idaho:

  • EAC Students who have earned the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, or Associate of General Studies degrees will be considered as having completed the BYU-I general education requirements.
  • For students who have not earned the degree, the EAC courses listed in the General Education Articulation Agreement (available in the EAC Counseling Department) are those which will apply toward general education requirements at BYU-I.
  • As students transfer, their credit will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis according to the General Education Transfer Agreement.
  • The general education requirements for students transferring to BYU-I will be those in effect at the time of their initial enrollment at BYU-I.


Grand Canyon University

Eastern Arizona College (EAC) has specific articulated Associate Degrees with Grand Canyon University (GCU). Students who complete a transfer-oriented associate degree (Associate of Arts or Associate of Science) may fulfill Grand Canyon University's General Education requirements. Students without a transfer-oriented degree (Associate of Applied Science) must fulfill the General Education requirements and have a course-by-course evaluation completed. Additional programmatic admission requirements and transfer policy information can be found on GCU's Policy Handbook.

A course equivalency guide provides an assessment of the courses between Eastern Arizona College and Grand Canyon University (GCU). This guide will be used in evaluating official transcripts. These courses fulfill the competency requirements; however, the courses may not fulfill the credit requirements. To obtain an undergraduate degree at GCU, students are required to meet a minimum of 120 semester credit hours.


Western New Mexico University

Arizona residents may be eligible for an out-of-state tuition fee waiver from Western New Mexico.

Students completing the Eastern Arizona College Associate of Arts Degree (AA), Associate of Business Degree (ABus), the Associate of Science Degree (AS), or the Associate of General Studies Degree (AGS) can fulfill Western New Mexico University General Education (GE) requirements provided they include in their degree program courses specifically listed in the articulation agreement as meeting WMNU general education requirements in the Oral Communication, History, Computer, and Physical and Mental Well Being areas. Copies of the articulation agreement can be obtained from the Counseling Department.

Western Governors University

Transfer (

Out-of-State Transfer

Out-of-state universities have differing policies regarding the transfer of general education credit for application to your major or minor requirements. You should carefully consult the catalog of the university to which you wish to transfer.