Disability Resource Services
EAC works with students with disabilities, faculty and staff to remove barriers through design and accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. We recognize disability as an aspect of diversity and promote a culture of inclusion
- Provide reasonable accommodations and support services to qualified individuals
- Promote students’ educational and career goals
- Offer training and support to faculty and staff to ensure equal access
Goals for Students:
- Register for disability services and provide necessary documentation
- Become effective self-advocates, independent, and self-sufficient
- Work through personal obstacles and obtain academic success
How can we help?
Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
- Testing accommodations
- Assistive Technology
- Textbooks in alternative formats
- Sign language interpreting
What is the process to register for disability services at Eastern Arizona College?
- Contact and meet with EAC’s disability coordinator, Aaron Westerfield, 928-428-8342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide EAC psycho-educational, psychological, psychiatric, or other appropriate diagnostic evaluation that documents the nature and extent of the disability
- Once the necessary documentation has been provided and reviewed, meet with EAC’s disability coordinator to develop an accommodation plan
For additional information or questions, please contact Aaron Westerfield, EAC disability coordinator, at 928-428-8342 or by email at email@example.com.