Transcript, Grade and Transfer Questions

Why didn’t I get a report card and how do I get my grades?

Printed grade reports will only be mailed if you request one by contacting the Records and Registration Office at (928) 428-8270 or (800) 678-3808 Ext. 8270. On the Thatcher Campus, use one of the Student Information Terminals located in the lobby of the Student Services Building, the Alumni Library Media Center, or the Wellness Center to check your grades.


Why do I get a W for dropping a class and what does it mean?

Withdrawal from a course after the close of registration is your responsibility and will result in a grade of “W” showing on your record—“Withdrawal With Record.” The last day to withdraw from a semester-length class and receive a grade of “W” is published in the academic calendar or the current printed class schedule. Short-term or open-entry courses can be dropped with a “W” through the last day of the class.


Outgoing Transcripts


Official transcripts can be requested from our ordering sight through the National Student Clearinghouse .

You may request a transcript be sent electronically, by mail, or held for pick up at the Records Office.

Each official transcript costs $10, payable in advance.

All indebtedness to the college must be paid in full prior to a transcript being released.


Unofficial transcripts requests can be printed, at no cost, from your Gila Hank Online account, just select Transcripts under Documents.

If you cannot log into your account, please call 928-428-8270 for assistance.

You may also request an unofficial transcript at the Records and Registration office. Please bring government issued ID with you.


How can I receive credit at Eastern Arizona College for courses I took at another college?

Eastern Arizona College accepts college level credit from any regionally accredited college or university. Courses without an equivalent EAC courses are given elective credit. Non-accredited college or university credits are evaluated on a course by course basis.


Have my transcripts from another college arrived yet and have they been evaluated?

Contact the Records and Registration Office at (928) 428-8273 or (800) 678-3808 Ext. 8273 to check on the status of your transcript and evaluation. If we have received your transcript from an out-of-state institution, you will need to supply course descriptions for each course you want evaluated from the catalog of the year in which the course was taken.


Can I make arrangements with the instructor for an incomplete grade and finish the coursework after the semester has ended?

This option may be available but guidelines must be strictly followed. Please see the full guidelines in the "Grading" subsection of the Academic Regulations section of the academic catalgo for more information.


I want to transfer to another school. What do I need to do?

First, complete and submit an admissions application. Most community colleges and universities have their application forms on-line. If not, come to the Counseling Departments for assistance in obtaining an admission application form. Second, have an official copy of transcritps sent from our records office, but not before you have completed the semester just before your last one here and not before enrolling in the classes for your final semester. Also arrange to have a second transcript sent as soon as you complete your final semester of classes here. Third, apply for scholarship or financial aid help (no later than the beginning of your last semester here). Finally, make sure that if you have completed the requirements for the AGEC that your trancsript has the words "AGEC Completed" stamped on it prior to it being mailed.


I am transferring from another college/university. Do I need to take placement testing?

You will need to provide us with an official copy of your transcripts showing a grade of "C" or higher was earned in a college level writing course or in a college level mathematics course to waive the placement testing requirement in those areas. You will at some point be required to demonstrate the reading proficiency for graduation. One way to do this is by taking the reading placement test. We will need to have an official copy of your transcript showing success


How can I tell if a course from Eastern Arizona College will transfer to ASU, NAU or UofA?

The course equivalency guide at the Arizona Course Applicability System (found here at gives you the transfer equivalencies of EAC courses for the current year.


I keep hearing about the AGEC. What is it?

The AGEC stands for Arizona General Education Curriculum and is a core of classes (35-36 credit hours) that allows the student to fulfill the lower-division general education requirements at the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, and Northern Arizona University. Once this core of classes is completed, AGEC will be stamped on the student’s transcript and will transfer as a block to the above universities.


Where can I get help transferring to another college or university?

The Counseling Department in the Student Services building has information available on transfer procedures to all of the in-state colleges and universities and many out-of-state universities as well. Counselors are glad to provide support in formulating your transfer plans in making sure that the correct procedures are followed.


I plan to take summer courses back home and want to transfer the credit here. How do I do that?

First meet with an adviser or with a counselor to make sure the course or courses you plan to take will in fact transfer and meet your program requirements at Eastern Arizona College. You must complete the course or courses with a “C” grade or higher and you must have an official copy of your transcript sent to Eastern in order for the credit to be applied here.