Message from the President
March 9, 2020
Following the recent Centers for Disease Control advisory
on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), EAC is closely monitoring the situation to ensure the health and safety of our campuses.
It is important to note that no COVID-19 cases have been reported at EAC. At this time, EAC is fully operational, and we will continue to operate as usual unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
Here is a list of recommendations
Personal International Travel
- Campus events should proceed as scheduled. Should the COVID-19 situation require canceling large gatherings, a notification will be forwarded to event organizers.
Keep yourself healthy
- This is the time to redouble your hand hygiene efforts, observe good coughing etiquette, keep your distance from anyone who is ill – at least six feet – and clean your work area.
- For more details on how you can help prevent the spread of disease, please review these tips by the CDC.
- If you haven’t already, please get a flu shot. It will not protect you from COVID-19, but it will help keep you from getting sick with the flu.
- If you are sick, please stay home and consult a medical professional.
- The most important step you can take right now is to stay informed and make sure your students, friends, and family are following CDC guidelines.
- This page will be updated as more information becomes available. Use the links on this page and visit the Centers for Disease Control to find updated information.
EAC will continue monitoring the development of the COVID-19 situation and keep you informed as more information becomes available.
President, Eastern Arizona College