News Release Details
EAC offering web courses this fall
[Click Image to Enlarge] None
By Lori Dugan
THATCHER, AZ—Eastern Arizona College will once again offer a number of web courses for the Fall 2006 semester. Web courses offered this fall are:
• The Office Professional (AIS214, section #1015)
• Introduction to Astronomy (AST103, section #1131 and matching lab: AST103G, section #1134)
• Communication for the Occupations (BUS160, section #0500)
• An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (CHM138, section #1196 and matching lab: CHM138G, section #1199)
• Introduction to Computers (CMP101, section #1210)
• Introduction to Computer Based Systems (CMP103, section #1219 and #1227)
• Electronic Spreadsheet with Microsoft Excel (CMP161, section #1237)
• Written Communications I (ENG101, section #1362)
• Written Communications II (ENG102, section #0503)
• Physical Geology (GLG101, section #1421 and matching lab: GLG101G, section #1422)
• Sales and Customer Service (SBM101, section #1749)
• Marketing (SBM111, section #1750)
• Small Business Management (SBM201, section #1924)
• Introduction to Drama (THC105, section #1780)
• Theatre History I (THC200, section #1801)
EAC is expecting a 65% increase in web course enrollment compared to last fall. “Students have discovered that online courses are a great option for those who cannot shelve work or family obligations to meet in regular classes,” said EAC Dean of Instruction Mike Crockett.
Students with access to the Internet will be able to complete most of these courses entirely online without ever stepping on campus. Some lab science courses, however, require that students attend a one-day lab experience on campus during the semester, usually on a Saturday. “It’s important for students to read the schedule carefully, so that they know exactly what they’re committing to when they enroll,” Crockett said.
Instead of attending a class two or three times each week, online students are required to complete readings and projects based on due dates set up by the instructor. Within this framework, students are free to determine how and when they are available to complete the assignments.
Tuition for EAC’s web courses is the same for the on-campus classes with an additional online fee of $30 per credit for each course. Students can register online using Gila Hank Online, EAC’s web-based registration system, accessible at www.eac.edu , they can also register over the phone with the Records and Registration Office at (928) 428-8270 or 1-800-678-3808, ext. 8270.