News Release Details
Registration for Fall 2008 is going on now at EAC
[Click Image to Enlarge] EAC’s student services offices are gearing up for the Fall 2008 registration rush. [EAC – Lori Dugan photo].
By Lori Dugan
THATCHER, AZ—EAC’s admissions, financial aid, and counseling/advising departments are gearing up now for the new school year and are ready to meet with students and help them register for the Fall 2008 semester which begins on August 18.
Eastern Arizona College is the right place for people who:
—recently graduated from high school and want to go on to a four-year university,
—want to update their skills after an absence from the workforce,
—are seeking a career change, or
—want to learn something new, like computers, art, or a foreign language.
• EAC offers personal enrichment courses that can be taken for a letter grade or on a pass/fail basis.
• EAC counselors can help students transfer credits from other schools toward a degree that will transfer to any Arizona university and most out-of-state universities.
• EAC has one of the lowest tuition rates of any community college in the state and many Graham County high school graduates can qualify for scholarships set aside just for them.
• EAC offers both day and evening classes and, in some instances, weekend short-term classes.
• In the math and English areas, EAC offers placement testing that will put students in the class level they need to succeed.
• Tutoring is available in all academic areas.
• Time? It’s an issue for everyone. That’s why EAC offers many short-term and late-start classes.
Tuition for EAC’s Fall Session is $60 for the first credit hour, and only $120 for two to six credits for Arizona residents. Full-time students can take 12 or more credits for only $690 a semester. Senior Citizen Scholarships are available that cover the cost of in-state tuition for students 55 years of age and older.
Classes begin Monday, August 18, however; students may register through Wednesday, August 27.
Call EAC’s records and registration office at 428-8270 to register or register online at www.eac.edu. A complete, up-to-the minute, searchable class schedule is available there as well.