News Release Details
Register now for fall classes at EAC
[Click Image to Enlarge] EAC’s student services offices are gearing up for the Fall 2018 registration rush. [EAC – Lori Dugan photo].
By Lori Dugan
Thatcher, AZ—Register now for fall classes at EAC Eastern Arizona College’s Admissions, Financial Aid, and Counseling/Advising Departments are gearing up as the push for Fall 2018 enrollment ramps up (classes begin August 20). Enrolling in classes at EAC is a smart choice for recent high school graduates, people wanting to update their skills or make a career change, or for people who want to learn something new like computers, filmmaking, a foreign language, or the new and exciting advances in manufacturing.
• EAC offers personal enrichment courses that can be taken for a letter grade or on a pass/fail basis.
• EAC counselors can help students transfer credits from other schools toward a degree that will transfer to any Arizona university and most out-of-state universities.
• EAC has one of the lowest tuition rates of any community college in the state and many Graham County high school graduates can qualify for scholarships that have been set aside just for them.
• EAC offers day, evening, and online classes and, in some instances, weekend classes.
• Tutoring is available in all academic areas.
• Time? It’s an issue for everyone. That’s why EAC offers many short-term and late-start classes.
“In addition to some of our newer programs like Media Communications and Advanced Manufacturing, we are offering some new, short-term, developmental courses this year that will take place during the two weeks before school officially begins,” said Sharon Allen, EAC Assistant Dean of Counseling.
“We are encouraging all students to come in now and take their placement tests to see if one of these classes could bolster their academic success in the coming semesters.”
Tuition at EAC is $90 per credit-hour up to 15 with a flat rate of $1350 for 15 credit hours and over. Senior Citizen Tuition Waivers, that cover the entire cost of in-state tuition, are available for students 55 years of age and older.
Classes begin Monday, August 20. A complete, up-to-the minute, searchable class schedule is available at eac.edu/schedule
. To register, call EAC’s Records and Registration office at (928) 428-8270, or register online at eac.edu/register
. Free placement testing is offered during regular business hours in the Counseling Office. Walk-ins are welcome but those with appointments will be served first. Appointments can be scheduled by calling the Counseling Office at (928) 428-8253.