International Admissions Procedures
We welcome international student applications at Eastern Arizona College. Notice will be sent to you indicating either acceptance or denial after the Admissions Office has received all of the following items by August 1 for the Fall Semester or December 1 for the Spring Semester.
- Admissions Form: Complete and return
the Admissions Form included in the admissions
- Fees: Your completed applications
materials packet must be accompanied by a $25.00 (U.S.
Dollars) non-refundable application fee payable in US Dollars,
or in the form of an International Reply Coupon issued through
a government or postal office overseas. If you are requesting
on-campus housing, you
should also include a $150.00 (U.S. Dollars) room deposit.
- Academic Documentation:
- Official transcripts (Secondary School Certificates) from all High Schools (Secondary Schools) you have previously attended . An official translation of your high school record must be submitted. The translation should indicate names of all courses taken, and grades obtained.
- Official transcripts forwarded directly to Eastern
Arizona College from all colleges/universities you have
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: All
applicants who are not native English speakers must take
the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
offered by the Educational
Testing Service in countries throughout the world, and
arrange for the testing agency to send the test results
to EAC. The minimum TOEFL paper-based test score we accept
is 500 and the minimum TOEFL computer-based test score we
accept is 173. We also accept an internet-based TOEFL score of 61. You may be admitted without TOEFL scores
contingent upon participation in a College language training
program designed and approved to meet your individual needs.
- Medical Certification: The first page
of the medical form is to be completed by the student and
the second page is to be completed by a physician. Both
pages are included in the applications
- Letters of Recommendation: Recommendations
from two people, preferably former school officials. Letters
of reference should be mailed directly to Eastern Arizona
College. Two blank letters of recommendation are included
in the applications materials packet.
- Financial Certification: Show proof that you have assured financial resources of not less than $18,280.00 (U.S. Dollars) for each academic year you are to be a student at Eastern Arizona College. You should not attempt enrollment without these funds. Foreign students do not qualify for federal financial aid. In order to satisfy this requirement, you must complete and submit the Certification of Finances form included in the applications materials
- Proof of Insurance: Show documentation that you are covered by an insurance plan that will cover medical expenses in the event of hospitalization. If your current insurance will not cover you during study in the United States, there are health insurance plans that can be purchased from U.S. companies.
Before you will be sent a letter of acceptance and a completed Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status (Form I-20), you must complete Steps 1 through 8 as outlined above.
Immigration Issues: After being admitted to Eastern Arizona College, you are responsible for completing all Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) requirements. Students may not enroll in classes at Eastern Arizona College without the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility form on file in the Records and Registration Office.
Housing: Eastern Arizona College does have residence halls for both men and women. Students desiring on-campus housing should submit a Housing Application and a $150.00 (U.S. Dollars) room deposit to the Admissions Office, along with all other material required.